Your Browser Seems to have trouble with frames.
Please follow this link.
The overall aim of this study was to develop a software based classification system for management of urban waterways. A decision support system was required that used biologically important physical attributes to classify the streams and waterways in terms of asset value, capability for rehabilitation or enhancement, physical and environmental condition, and key constraints limiting restoration. This report provides a manual for the software package developed for the project. The software can be obtained from the author. This report describes the software system and its major components. It also provides instructions on how to install the package and operate its major components:
- Data Entry
- Data Editing
- Data Verification
- Data Analysis and Generation of Summary Parameters
- Production of Output as Reports, Maps and Files for transfer to GIS and other packages.
- Decision Support Facilities
A demonstration package that illustrates how the package can be used to manage urban streams is available in a separate report in the same series (Report D)
BDSS Software Manual
- If you wish to download this software manual then you should first obtain a copy of Basic Decision Support System for Management of Urban Streams Report No. 1. Development of the Classification System for Urban Streams. Report No. 1 is published in HTML in full on au.riversinfo.org.
- The software can be obtained by contacting Dr. John Anderson.
- This document is password modify protected. You cannot modify it without copying it to a new document.
- Original File Statistics: bdss_manual.doc
- Pages 69
- Paragraphs 1156
- Lines 2947
- Words 19,268
- Characters 97,689
- Characters With Spaces 115567
- Size 0.520 megabytes.
Diagrams for Appendix 1
- Sheet 3: Site Description
- Sheet 4: Reach Environs - Temporal & Spatial
- Sheet 5: Channel Habitat
- Sheet 6: Cross Sections
- Sheet 7: Bank Condition
- Sheet 8: Bed & Bar Condition
- Sheet 9: Vegetation
- Sheet 10: Aquatic Habitat
- Sheet 11: Scenic, Recr & Conserv. Values
- Sheet 12: Channel Features / Modifications
- Sheet 13: Hydrology & Water Quality
- Sheet 14: Waterway Classifn. Natural Channel Design
- Sheet 15: Constraints & Opportunities - Rehab. / Restoration
Diagrams for Appendices 3 to 7
- Appendix 3. 'Skeleton' Maps
- Appendix 4. Report Cards
- Appendix 5. Condition Audit Summaries - Tabulated Output
- Appendix 6. Condition Audit Summaries - 'Stack Diagrams'
- Appendix 7. Statistical Summary Report