As of January 2004 au.riversinfo.org is archived under Precision Info
RIVERSINFO AUSTRALIA TEXT ONLY ARCHIVE
- This archive provides text only non stylised versions of selected reference documents resident on au.riversinfo.org.
- For navigation assistance access via the Home Page or Library Page or the cited base URI
Document Base URI: ../archive/ ../library/nrhp/decn_supp_manual/
Basic Decision Support System for Management of Urban Streams Software Manual
Report No. 2. Part B Software Manual
Dr. John R. Anderson
Centre for Coastal Management Southern Cross University
LWRRDC Occasional Paper 9/99 (Urban Subprogram Report No.2 1999)
The overall aim of this study was to develop a software based classification system for management of urban waterways. A decision support system was required that used biologically important physical attributes to classify the streams and waterways in terms of asset value, capability for rehabilitation or enhancement, physical and environmental condition, and key constraints limiting restoration. This report provides a manual for the software package developed for the project. The software can be obtained from the author. This report describes the software system and its major components. It also provides instructions on how to install the package and operate its major components:
- Data Entry
- Data Editing
- Data Verification
- Data Analysis and Generation of Summary Parameters
- Production of Output as Reports, Maps and Files for transfer to GIS and other packages.
- Decision Support Facilities
A demonstration package that illustrates how the package can be used to manage urban streams is available in a separate report in the same series (Report D)
BDSS Software Manual
- If you wish to download this software manual then you should first obtain a copy of Basic Decision Support System for Management of Urban Streams Report No. 1. Development of the Classification System for Urban Streams. Report No. 1 is published in HTML in full on au.riversinfo.org.
- The software can be obtained by contacting Dr. John Anderson.
- This document is password modify protected. You cannot modify it without copying it to a new document.
- Original File Statistics: bdss_manual.doc
- Pages 69
- Paragraphs 1156
- Lines 2947
- Words 19,268
- Characters 97,689
- Characters With Spaces 115567
- Size 0.520 megabytes.
Diagrams for Appendix 1
- Sheet 3: Site Description
- Sheet 4: Reach Environs - Temporal & Spatial
- Sheet 5: Channel Habitat
- Sheet 6: Cross Sections
- Sheet 7: Bank Condition
- Sheet 8: Bed & Bar Condition
- Sheet 9: Vegetation
- Sheet 10: Aquatic Habitat
- Sheet 11: Scenic, Recr & Conserv. Values
- Sheet 12: Channel Features / Modifications
- Sheet 13: Hydrology & Water Quality
- Sheet 14: Waterway Classifn. Natural Channel Design
- Sheet 15: Constraints & Opportunities - Rehab. / Restoration
Diagrams for Appendices 3 to 7
- Appendix 3. 'Skeleton' Maps
- Appendix 4. Report Cards
- Appendix 5. Condition Audit Summaries - Tabulated Output
- Appendix 6. Condition Audit Summaries - 'Stack Diagrams'
- Appendix 7. Statistical Summary Report
Riversinfo Australia (au.riversinfo.org): Publication Information:
- Webserver publication date (version): Sunday, March 18th 2018.
- Material Published Electronically on au.riversinfo.org is gathered from a variety of sources and in varying formats; determined by the authors.
- If your printer is loaded with A4 paper and you want to print this page out check that your browser is configured to print to A4 not Letter.
- End users are advised to expect variations in formatting and layout depending on both the format of the original material, as supplied by the authors, and the end users particular software and hardware configuration(s).
- In the case of variation between this document and a hard copy original the original takes precedence.
- Except when otherwise stated, in writing, information provided by au.riversifno.org is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind to anyone. The entire risk as to use of the information rests with the user. Should the information prove defective, the user of the information assumes the cost of all necessary repair or correction. In no event, unless agreed to in writing, will anyone associated with au.riversinfo.org be liable for any damages arising out of the use or inability to use the information, even if au.riversinfo.org has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- As of January 2004 au.riversinfo.org is archived under Precision Info.